- Team building activity
- Company meeting
- Family outing
- Birthday party
- Afternoon with friends
What we provide
- All equipment required to curl.
- Two hours of curling time (typically around 45 minutes of instruction and 1 hour and 15 minutes of game play).
- One hour of time in our warm room for socializing (before or after event).
- Instructors to help your group understand the basic rules and techniques to play the game.
Warm Room / Meeting Room Area
Scheduling an event
Events can be held from September through April on any weekday during daytime hours. We also have availability on some Saturday afternoons and evenings. Weeknights and Sundays are not available due to league play. You can check our calendar for potential available dates/times prior to contacting us.
Cost for the 2023-2024 season (September - April):
- $500 for the first 8 curling participants (Maximum number of curlers for an event is 32)
- $50 for each additional curling participant
- $50 per hour for additional warm room time (beyond the 1 hour of included time)
A $250 non-refundable deposit is required to confirm your booking. The balance is due on the day of your event.
What should you wear to the event?
It is important to ensure that proper clothing and shoes are worn on the ice.
- No raised heels or flip flops. Running shoes work well as long as the soles are clean.
- It can be cold on the ice, so we suggest dressing in layers and bringing a jacket. Gloves and thick socks can also help.
- Pants that offer easy movement are important as you will be required to stretch and get into positions that tight pants and jeans are not necessarily appropriate for.
Catering / Food / Drinks
- We have a bar that serves a variety of beers, wines, and hard ciders, with most beers and ciders sourced within North Carolina. We also sell sports drinks, water, and soda.
- You may bring your own snacks, sodas, water and sodas.
- No outside alcohol may be brought onto our property, including the parking lot and grounds (i.e., no tailgating).
- You may bring your own food or have your event catered. If you choose to have it catered, you will be responsible for all arrangements with the caterer. We can recommend some nearby establishments.
Insurance liability waivers
- Ice is slippery and hard, so we ask that all participants sign insurance waivers before going onto the ice. If a participant does not wish to sign a waiver, they will not be allowed to participate in the on-ice part of the event but are welcome to watch from the warm room.
- Waiver links will be provided by the curling club in advance and on the day of your event. Minors must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
Who can attend - are there age (or ability) restrictions?
- Curlers under 18 years of age must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian before going on the ice.
- Kids need to be at least 12 years old to participate. If you wish to schedule an event that involves children, please discuss the specifics when you contact us.
- We welcome all curlers, of all abilities; wheelchair curling is a Paralympic sport!
- Bad knees or back? You can use a delivery stick to throw your rock from a standing position and can still participate as a sweeper as well!