Registration is open for Winter/Spring 2019! Please take note of the junior schedule for the Winter/Spring. Starting on January 27th we will have junior practice every Sunday that there is not a bonspiel at the club or a holiday. The junior schedule is also available on the club calendar.
Winter/Spring Junior Curling Schedule:
- Gold Medalist Tyler George - Junior Delivery Clinic (12:30-2:30 PM, January 6th). Register here.
- Triangle Curling Club Junior Bonspiel (January 12th and 13th). Registration and more information here.
- Week 1 January 27th
- Week 2 February 3rd
- Week 3 February 10th
- Week 4 February 17th
- Week 5 February 24th
- Week 6 March 3rd
- Week 7 March 10th
- Week 8 March 17th
- Week 9 March 24th
- Week 10 March 31st
- No junior curling on April 7th due to the Triangle Club Spiel, feel free to come watch.
- Week 11 April 14th
- Week 12 April 28th (last day of junior curling for the 2018-2019 season).
Junior Recreational Curling
Description: Approximately 10 - 15 minutes of instruction followed by a curling game (with coaching if desired/needed). Ideal for new juniors or those interested in curling recreationally.
Who Can Join: Individual sign up. No curling experience necessary. Must be between 5 and 21 years of age. Junior Advanced Commitment Program members are not eligible. Max of 32 curlers.
Dates: Sundays 1/27 through 4/18.
Time: 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Coordinators: Dina Gerber and Derek Corbett.
Junior Advanced Commitment Program
Description: Focused training for juniors interested in enhancing curling skills and going to tournaments. Advanced commitment juniors are encouraged to commit to practice at least one other day a week and are provided with dedicated ice time Saturday mornings 8:00 am to 10:00 am for additional practice (starting Oct 7th).
Who Can Enroll: Individual sign up. At least one previous Juniors program or curling league required. Must be 21 years of age or younger and able to deliver a curling stone down a full sheet. Max of 24 curlers.
Dates: Sundays, 1/27 through 4/18.
Time: 12:45 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
Coordinators: Derek Corbett and Dina Gerber.
Cost: $192.50. Those enrolled in the Advanced Commitment Program receive all the benefits of a standard membership at Triangle Curling Club.
Why Curling for Juniors?
Curling is an inclusive sport that ANYONE can excel at, and we're super excited to be offering young people the chance to learn new skills, build confidence, and develop leadership and teamwork abilities through participation in this fantastic and fast-growing sport. Curling is a game built on a tradition of sportsmanship and sociability, where no one sits out, every team member is essential, and every game begins and ends with a hearty handshake.
We're launching our 3rd year of the program, and our team of instructors includes a former junior curler who competed at the World Junior Championships. We provide all the equipment your child needs to get started.
- Wear warm clothes - hats and gloves strongly encouraged - Kids should wear clean sneakers on the ice.
- All other curling equipment will be provided.
- All Head instructors will have passed a background check and passed USA Olympics Safe Sport program.
- Children 5-8 are strongly encouraged to wear a helmet when on ice (bike helmet is acceptable).
- Minor Waiver
- Snacks will be provided by Triangle Curling for the first session. After that parents will be asked to sign up to bring snacks each session.