Triangle Curling offers two Juniors curling programs. Please read the descriptions below. If you have questions, please contact our Juniors program coordinators (listed below).
Junior Recreational Curling
Who Can Join: Individual sign up. No curling experience necessary. Must be between 5 and 21 years of age. Junior Advanced Commitment Program members are not eligible. Max of 32 curlers.
Dates: Sundays 9/23 through 12/16.
Junior Advanced Commitment Program
Coordinators: Derek Corbett and Dina Gerber.
Why Curling for Juniors?
Curling is an inclusive sport that ANYONE can excel at, and we're super excited to be offering young people the chance to learn new skills, build confidence, and develop leadership and teamwork abilities through participation in this fantastic and fast-growing sport. Curling is a game built on a tradition of sportsmanship and sociability, where no one sits out, every team member is essential, and every game begins and ends with a hearty handshake.
We're launching our 3nd year of the program, and our team of instructors includes a former Juniors curler who competed at the World Junior Championships. We provide all the equipment your child needs to get started.
- Wear warm clothes - hats and gloves strongly encouraged - Kids should wear clean sneakers on the ice.
- All other curling equipment will be provided
- All Head instructors will have passed a background check and passed USA Olympics Safe Sport program.
- Children 5-8 are strongly encouraged to wear a helmet when on ice (bike helmet is acceptable).
- All partcipants will need a waiver signed by a parent/guardian: Minor Waiver
- Snacks will be provided by Triangle Curling for the first session. After that parents will be asked to sign up to bring snacks each session.