September 29 - October 1, 2017
- All draws will be live streamed!
- 24 teams - $400 per team
- Each team must have at least two members with 5 or fewer years of curling experience.
- View the live bracket and list of teams.
Format and Entry Requirements
The goal of the Over - Under Spiel is to encourage people newer to curling to go bonspieling and face opponents with similar levels of experience. Each team must contain at least two members with five and under years of curling experience and can have two members over.
Whether this will be your first bonspiel, you want to gain experience with your 5 & under team, or you want to encourage some members of your club to travel to their first event, we hope you'll give this social, relaxed, but still competitive bonspiel a shot!
New this year, there are two situations that will lead to a Utica Shootout to determine where your team moves for your next game.
- One of the four A quarterfinal losers will have a chance to move back into the A-Event bracket (the "Lucky Dog"). Each of the losing quarterfinal teams will participate in a Utica Shootout. The winner takes the 4th spot in the A-event semifinals, while the rest drop to the C-event.
- Teams who lose their first two games fall into the E-event bracket (6 teams total). All 6 play in the first E-event games. The 3 winners of the E-event games then participate in a Utica Shootout. The best 2 out of 3 scores move onto the E-event finals.
A Utica Shootout works as follows:
- Each team member throws a single draw to the button (offensive sweeping only).
- Each draw receives a score determined by proximity to the pin:
- Cover the pin: 5 points
- Bite the button or better: 4 points
- Bite the 4-foot ring or better: 3 points
- Bite the 8-foot ring or better: 2 points
- Bite the 12-foot ring or better: 1 point
- The team's score is calculated by adding each of the scoring rocks, multiply the total by 4, then divide by the number of people on your team. This normalizes the score in case there is a team of 3.
Triangle Curling Center - 2310 So Hi Drive, Durham, NC 27703 - 4 sheet dedicated curling facility
Courtyard Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek
10600 Little Brier Creek Lane
Raleigh, NC 27617
$89 King to $109 Queen/Queen - Book your group rate for Triangle Curling Club
Book by August 30 to get the group rate!
Payment and Cancelation Policy
Payment is required to hold your spot. If you are paying by check, we must receive payment within two weeks of your registration or else you will be placed on the waitlist.
Cancelations before September 1 will receive a full refund. Beginning September 1 you will receive a full refund if we are able to find a replacement team. Cancelations after September 22 will receive no refund.