KidsCurl Open House and New Classes
- Curling program for kids ages 5 to 18.
- New six week session begins: 3/26 - 2:15 p.m. - each class is 90 minutes
- $60 dollars for the 6 week program. $50 per child if mulitiple from same family.
- Please check out these flyers about our Junior and Youth Curling programs.
Why Try Curling?
Curling is an inclusive sport that ANYONE can excel at, and we're super excited to be offering young people the chance to learn new skills, build confidence, and develop leadership and teamwork abilities through participation in this fantastic and fast-growing sport. Curling is a game built on a tradition of sportsmanship and sociability, where no one sits out, every team member is essential, and every game begins and ends with a hearty handshake.
We're launching our program by offering parallel 6-week introductory programs for younger Kids (5-9) and Juniors (10-18). Our team of instructors includes a former Juniors curler who competed at the World Championships, and a certified Juniors coach with decades of coaching experience (he's Canadian, so you know he's good!). We'll offer low instructor-to-student ratios, and will provide all the equipment your child needs to get started (kids 5-8 will need to provide their own helmet to wear on the ice; bike/ski/skateboard/etc helmets are fine).
- Children 5-8 will be required to wear a helmet when on ice (bike helmet is acceptable).
- Wear warm clothes - hats and gloves strongly encouraged - Kids should wear clean sneakers on the ice.
- All other curling equipment will be provided
- All instructors will have passed a background check and passed USA Olympics Safe Sport program.
- One caregiver will be required to stay during instruction period. The warm room will be open for parents during this time.
All partcipants will need a waiver signed by a parent/guardian: Minor Waiver